Paper weight on cigar bands

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score
What paper weight are you using for cigar band style labels?

Shaquille O' Neal almost has me sold on one of those Epson Ecotank printers.

But I did notice that they don't always work too well with some heavier papers. So I'm wondering if I can reduce the thickness of my paper. I'm currently using 110lb.

Thanks!

What paper weight are you using for cigar band style labels?

Shaquille O' Neal almost has me sold on one of those Epson Ecotank printers.

But I did notice that they don't always work too well with some heavier papers. So I'm wondering if I can reduce the thickness of my paper. I'm currently using 110lb.

Thanks!
I do not make cigar bands but I do have an eco tank and will test it sometime today with some 110 cardstock that I usually use in my laser. Will let you know how it works.

ETA: I just ran 4 copies of my labels on 110 card stock and my Ecotank picked up the card stock just fine and printed on the mat cardstock fine. I did not try glossy since my 110 glossy is Proprietary to my Oki Laser. BTW I love my Ecotank

Last edited:
That's awesome. Thanks. I've read somewhere right from the manufacturer that 110 card stock is too heavy for the printer, but then I've also read reviews from actual users who have said it's fine.

I thought about reducing the paper size if needed which is why I posted this question.

I have been using Epson Ecotank for well over a year and love it! Far better then most other printers I've used. I don't print labels or anything, but it's a great printer overall.

Edit: The setup interface and display are totally old school but that's my only complaint.

There's a $200 one and a $400 one. I can't find much of a difference between the two except the auto document feeder and the larger touch screen.

Thanks to both for the reviews. This is valuable info. I'm really leaning towards the less expensive one, 27xx. I don't need ADF or larger touch screen.

Back