Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pseal

Reaction score
Wanting to introduce myself. I live in VA. I have the best husband, one beautiful daughter & one precious grandson 💕 I have been a candlemaker for 20 years. I would love to learn how to make soap. Thinking out loud, I didn’t make a perfect candle for many years. I need to be patient in my soap adventure. I have lots of questions & would appreciate any & all suggestions. Happy Sunday!!

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

I made candles as a kid...got a candle-making kit for Christmas. It was so simple back then; heat the paraffin on the stove, add some food dye, some perfume, wrap a wick around a pencil and set on top. Wait a couple of hours, dip the mold in hot water and you had a candle that you could only use in the kitchen with the windows open. LOL

Thank you for welcoming me aboard. Back in the day when I first started making candles I started out with Paraffin. I then tried a soy blend, a couple years later I moved on to 100% soy. This is where I have been to present. I am excited about learning how to make soap :tub: 🦭

Welcome.gif

Thank you for taking time to introduce yourself. It will help us to help you troubleshoot any problems you may have along the way as well as to celebrate your successes! 😉 :thumbs:

years later I moved on to 100% soy
You may be surprised to learn that you can use soy wax in soap. It is popular with several members.

SOY WAX USE IN SOAP

Thank you, Zany_in_CO very much on the information on using soy wax in making soap. Very interesting! I read over the rules & regulations for the forum. Thanks for the :thumbs: up.:)

Welcome to the forum @Pseal This coastal Virginian heads west to your mountains whenever she can! I have always wanted to try making candles and would like to use soy, but then I read the threads and make soap instead 😂

I know you would fine candle making is a lot easier to make than soap :) I would be happy to share my knowledge, if you decide to try candles. I am struggling with soap. Where are you located in VA?

I know you would fine candle making is a lot easier to make than soap :) I would be happy to share my knowledge, if you decide to try candles. I am struggling with soap. Where are you located in VA?
I’m near Yorktown. Will take you up on the candle-making tips if/when I get over my fear of smoking wicks and pitted tops!

I have family that live in Williamsburg. I love to shop at the prime outlets. Have no fear of smoking wicks or pitted tops. I have solutions for that :)

Latest posts

Back