Newbie questions for MP Soapers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springcart

Reaction score
So of course I am a newbie here and I have been reading over the thousands of post here to soak up as much information as I possibly can. So here goes...

I am interested in starting with melt and pour soap but am wondering for those of you that have or do use melt and pour who has the best base to use. I am have seen bases at Brambleberry, Peak Candles, Wholesalesupplies, etc.... But i just wanted to see who offers the best in your experience and also what about the base did you like. There are so many choices it is almost overwhelming. :?

Also when you first started using MP base did you just concentrate on getting the fragrance right or did you add things to the soaps (i.e. oats, petals, etc)

I see that soap making is going to be a very expensive hobby for me :shock: but I am looking forward.

I no longer do M&P (CP stole my heart away :wink: ), but I really loved the MP bases from WholesaleSuppliesPlus. I also tried SFIC bases and they were top-notch, as well.

When I did M&P I never added anything to them except for fragrance and color.

IrishLass :)

Most of the suppliers are not making their own bases. Most of them carry either SFIC or Stephenson's so befor eyou buy 4# from 1/2 suppliers to make a comparison, find out who the suppliers supplier is and it will help you cut to the chase.

Columbus foods has the best cheap base available, for fancy I would buy SFIC w/ shea or cocobutter, hemp, or whatever looks good to you. It cost more but you can sell it for more. It just depends on your market.

I keep Columbus foods base & SFIC fancy bases on hand & use them in different markets.

Like tab said I only used sfic but I use cc from wsp cause its cheaper! The soaps come out terrific but since I buy the big giant block I have to spend a day cutting up the pieces but like I said cheaper!

Back