Newbie From New Mexico

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapBubbles

Reaction score
Hi to all! :wave:

My name is Lea Ann. I am 38 years old and have become craft-addicted! lol My mind and spirit need a creative outlet to feel peaceful, whether it is through writing or creating a batch of lip balm. It is a great feeling to create something and see someone enjoy using it. It brings a sense of gladness and serenity to know someone enjoys something I created.

For about a month, I have been reading and researching how to make various kinds of soap. I have decided to see if I have the knack for creating my own soaps. About two years ago, I began researching homemade products, from candles to facial scrubs. My first homemade creation was a batch of soy container candles, which turned out better than expected. Next in my exploration was incense, the non-combustible kind that you burn on charcoal disks. About 6 months ago, I began researching how to make homemade lip balms. I've made three batches of homemade lip balm and given them to family and friends, who tell me I should sell them. I stumbled upon soap making by accident watching a video on how to make lip balm without petroleum jelly. It sounded like something I would love to try my hand at.

I hope to make some friends with others who enjoy creating homemade crafts and learn the ropes of soap making with those who have made many batches ... and share the journey with others beginning as well.

Have a happy and safe New Year!

Latest posts

Back