Newbie From Houston Area

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellye

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

My name is Kellye and I am from a little town just east of Houston. My hubby and have been making candles & aroma beads and got totally addicted to that. Now that we feel comfortable with the quality of our products we want to branch out into uncharted territory!!

Hubby has decided he wants to start making soap. We ordered and have received our first batch of MP glycerin soap. One thing we would like to do is add some crushed lavender to it but I think I read somewhere that if it is added too soon it turns black. Can somebody confirm that and if so can give some pointers on when and how to add it so it looks pretty? Also, where would I get my hands on crushed lavender? Also, hubby wants to add mica to some of the soap as well. Is this something that is typically ordered anywhere where soap supplies are sold?

Sorry for such basic questions and I hope you will smile at the newbie's naivety and then answer LOL!!! I hope once I am here for a while I will be able to answer questions.

Thank you!!!!
Kellye

Latest posts

Back