Newbie Eager to Learn

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lidyax

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Lidya from Indonesia. I'm a total newbie in DIY bath and body products. I've made a lotion bar and whipped body butter from shea butter. I totally fail at cocoa butter body butter (it's more like a body ice cream, totally melts at room temp).

So, after bracing myself, I want to try making my own CP soap. Coconut oil and palm oil are very cheap here. Other oils are quiet expensive, but still reasonable if you buy at grocery stores. Butters cost arm and leg. :shock::shock:

I want to try Soap Queens basic recipe which I convert to grams:
30 grams palm oil
30 grams coconut oil
30 grams olive oil
10 grams almond oil

But I only have extra virgin olive oil and I'm reluctant to use it for first attempt. Can I substitute the EVOO with sunflower oil?

Thanks lsg. I'll run through the soap calculator first for sure. Can't wait to get the lye and try. :)

I did add beeswax to both of my body butter recipes. It worked on my shea butter, but not on my cocoa body butter. I added some cocoa powder to the "batter". Is that why the consistency screwed up?

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Latest posts

Back