New to forum and lotion question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilysgoatsoap

Reaction score
Hi All!
I am Cindee from Riverton, UT. I just found this forum! Our family has a small farm consisting of goats, chickens, cats, dogs and 1 lonely rabbit. We make soap and lotion from our left over milk. My husband is currently serving in the Army National Guard. We have 11 children (2 married). I am looking forward to learning lots from this forum.

Now to my question: I make my lotion with goat's milk. I use germeben II as my preservative. I also use honey in every batch. Do I need to refrigerate it? I have heard conflicting advise. Can someone help with this question? I would love some advise from those who make and use it. thanks so much!

Cindee

hi Cindee , welcome to the forum , it is great to have you here. There is a bath and body chat section , if you post your question there, I am sure someone can help you out :D

Kitn

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will look in the bath and body section. Thanks for the info. since I am new, I am still learning the ropes!
Thanks,
Cindee

Cindee, Welcome to the forum!!!

I would say the best thing to do would be to refrigerate (sp? why does that look weird lol)... the lotion, it will last much much longer, but it is not absolutely neccessary if you are going to be using a preservative... I use potassium sorbate as a preservative because its edible and I like to make sure whatever I put on my body is edible and with as little nasties as possible! :)

Latest posts

Back