new soap design / calculator app prototype

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luluzapcat

Reaction score
I'm designing and building an app for soap making that I hope makes it easier and more fun to design recipes. The key feature is that it allows you to experiment with your oil proportions and see the soap qualities calculations update as you do that.

I'd love to get feedback from folks on this bulletin board. I've posted a video and would be happy to get comments there or on this site. Here's link to the video.

Please note that this is a prototype just to show the key feature. Colors and other elements of the design (like font choices and sizes) aren't finalized (or very good), and other features that I'll want to add eventually (to make this a full soap calculator) don't exist yet. I'd like to know if what IS there now is of interest or even useful right as-is.

Sincere apologies if this is not appropriate to post here!

It’s a bit like a color mixing app. Will it be possible to “lock” some of the percentages? For example, I might want to keep castor at 5% but play around with percentages of other oils to get a profile I like. Will it be possible to see the FA percentages? I am using those more and more as my understanding of how they influence soap quality improves. The interface seems user friendly. Good luck with it!

Will it be possible to “lock” some of the percentages?
Great idea! I will work on this.

Will it be possible to see the FA percentages?

I'm thinking to make it so that you can "flip" the top portion to see FA %s as an alternative to seeing the soap qualities. Does that work, or is it key to see them together? I think I can only get 2 out of 3 (FA %s, Qualities, Oils %s) on a screen at one time given the limited space...

Thanks for your excellent ideas!

Great idea! I will work on this.

I'm thinking to make it so that you can "flip" the top portion to see FA %s as an alternative to seeing the soap qualities. Does that work, or is it key to see them together? I think I can only get 2 out of 3 (FA %s, Qualities, Oils %s) on a screen at one time given the limited space...

Thanks for your excellent ideas!
Flipping between soap qualities and FA percentages would work for me. I think the slider feature is a plus for user friendliness.

Back