New pop-up ads

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m not crazy about these new pop-up ads that are showing up on SMF! I did, however, see one just now that made me think of our own @Ephemerella! 😂😂

Did you request this, girl? Like those “which ad experience do you prefer” things? LOL!!!

IMG_5368.jpeg

I’m not crazy about these new pop-up ads that are showing up on SMF! I did, however, see one just now that made me think of our own @Ephemerella! 😂😂

Did you request this, girl? Like those “which ad experience do you prefer” things? LOL!!!

View attachment 75212

Try using Brave browser to eliminate pop-ups like that. Brave also works to block all YouTube ads for me, so I have a mighty peaceful experience watching soap making & documentary videos. Gotta love it :)

Boycott all Google products, including Chrome....seriously LOL

Try using Brave browser to eliminate pop-ups like that. Brave also works to block all YouTube ads for me, so I have a mighty peaceful experience watching soap making & documentary videos. Gotta love it :)

Boycott all Google products, including Chrome....seriously LOL
Love using the Brave browser! No pop-ups ever!

Google owns YouTube. :/

Yes, you *are* correct 😂 and I do break my own 'rules' >> sometimes <<, but they're *my* rules, so I kin do whut I wanna do 😁

Seriously, though, there are much better platforms which more interesting content than the 💩 on YouTube. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any soap makers on those platforms. I do mostly avoid YouTube, unless watching soap making videos. The documentaries found there can be highly questionable as well, so gotta spend a lot of time weeding through them. I also got rid of all of my personal social media platforms many years ago, which greatly limits my exposure to pop-ups, tracking etc.

I highly recommend alternative search engines as well, and I don't mean Duck Duck Go, which has been doing their own dastardly censoring & manipulation of search engine results. Try Yacy. The internet has become an extremely controlled, manipulated, propaganda-laden environment. We get more pathetic search results now than we did in the mid 90s for the love of dogs....

It must just be me but I barely ever notice ads these days. It's only on youtube that they bother me because they interrupt the videos.

I have Norton Safe Browser, which does help prevent the pop-up ads. However, the search results (using Google or whatev) are terrible. So for internet searches I use Mozilla. I get much more informative information. I'm a big YouTube fan and have a premium subscription. For as much as I use YouTube, the subscription is worth the money.

I have Norton Safe Browser, which does help prevent the pop-up ads. However, the search results (using Google or whatev) are terrible. So for internet searches I use Mozilla. I get much more informative information. I'm a big YouTube fan and have a premium subscription. For as much as I use YouTube, the subscription is worth the money.
I do too. Including youtube. I'm on it every day pretty much all day. There are people on youtube that just tell stories. They are generally better than any tv show atm.

I do too. Including youtube. I'm on it every day pretty much all day. There are people on youtube that just tell stories. They are generally better than any tv show atm.
I watch lots of stuff on YouTube! Everything from my old fave MTV videos to history, travel, horses, dogs...how to tape your knee with KT tape...fitness videos...and of course soaping, so yeah! To me it's worth it to pay the monthly subscription fee. I barely watch regular TV or movies anymore.

Latest posts

Back