New here and questions already ;-)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serene Cream

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

My name is Debbie and I have just moved to the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. I have a french husband and 3 gorgeous children. A couple of years ago I started 'Serene Cream' - a natural cream for insect bites, I have since added a cream for sunburn and am currently working on a lip balm, moisturisers and ....soap! Which is of course why I am here!

I made my first batch of Avocado and Green Clay Soap less than a week ago, it looks like it has turned out okay but it still seems to be really soft - is this normal? How long is it likely to take to harden up? (I'm not known for my patience ;-))

Well I look forward to getting to know you all, and learning heaps. If there are any local Sunshine Coast soapmakers on here - please give me a wave!

Thanks Debbie

Hi Debbie, welcome! I'm further north, in Charters Towers.

Yes, it is normal for your soap to be soft initially. Give it a good 4 weeks cure at least (depending on your recipe) before judging it too harshly!

Hi Debbie, I'm Tanya. Becky knows her soaping so listen to what she says :D

I'm much further south than you and Queensland is my most favourite holiday place! I live in NSW with views of lovely Lake Macquarie just south of Newcastle.

Welcome to this forum. There are wonderfully helpful people here and I am sure you will enjoy your time here :)

Serene Cream said:
Hello Everyone

I made my first batch of Avocado and Green Clay Soap less than a week ago, it looks like it has turned out okay but it still seems to be really soft - is this normal? How long is it likely to take to harden up? (I'm not known for my patience ;-))

Thanks Debbie

Hey Debbie! Just wondering, has your soap firmed up any yet?

Hi Mandolyn

I think it has firmed up a little bit but still feels fairly soft. I will leave it another week or two and then see. I'm in the middle of making another batch right now, will be interesting to see how this one turns out :)

Cheers Debbie

Latest posts

Back