New formulas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherylMoore

Reaction score
I was wondering how many of you that try out new formulas like lotions, gels, hair conditioners. Do you make small batches to play around with till you find what you like? If you do how small do you usually start out with? I'm finding I make to small of batches but, I don't like using all of my goodies if the outcome is not to my liking.

I try out new formulas all the time. The number of ingredients I have....:oops:
I usually make new recipes in 100g batches. I have a small jeweler's scale that can accurately measure ingredients for small batches, and the 100g makes it easy to convert the recipes from percentages.

I also usually make 100g batches. I have not been doing this very long, so I like to start out with some "real" recipe and tweak that around until I *really* like it. If I really do not like something, or I mess it up (like... putting twice as much EO in a lotion and getting it all greasy...), I tend to just discard it.

Depends on the product I'm making. Today I'm trialing a simple light conditioner and will make 200gm as I know I will either use it or give it to my SIL. I made a new moisturizer the other week. It's magnificent and I wish I'd made twice as much! I love making stuff but work in my kitchen and sanitzing everything each time is a pain.

Sanitizing is a pain. I just made some hair conditioner I love but I made too much. So I have filled a few bottles. The best part it set up so much better the next day.
I have not tried moisturizer yet. Only a light whipped lotion.

Latest posts

Back