New drying rack

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kattobrn

Reaction score
My DH made me a drying rack. He is really getting into my soap making hobby. I need 2 more racks (dollar store), at least I have a place to cure my soaps now, so I can get them off the kitchen table.

KattOBRN

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1375756817.821852.jpg

Very nice & it doesn't take up much space! Looks like it will hold a lot of soap too!

Oooohhhh I so am going to show my DH this!! I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

The racks are just some small cooling racks from the dollar store and the sides are 2x4's he cut in half for the sides.

KattOBRN

I'm jealous! Those racks look very handy without taking up too much space

Very nice. I have one suggestion. For the next one don't put in a back. That way you have better air flow to cure the soap. You could even use wood slats for the sides so you have air flow all around. The idea is a good one thou!

The sides have a 2 inch space, so there is air flow from 3 sides, plus the racks are cooling racks so technically there is air flow from the bottom too. The back is for support. It was supposed to be hung in the wall, but there were no studs to attach to.

KattOBRN

Great idea and now i see it I will try one for myself but i will use some old refrigerator shelves i have and make a box with mesh sides to fit the shelves. Will be good to get my work table free of drying soap. Thanks for sharing.

I will need to mouse proof mine as I live in a rural area and every few years we seem to suffer plagues of mice so bad they even eat polystyrene boxes and even cats get so fed up they ignore them. Hopefully they are a few years away yet but it all depends on climatic conditions and grain harvests I think. I hate them so much! They love soap because of the fats and oils in them. Grrr

Thank you for this great idea. DH needs a project (he may not know that he does yet, but he will) and this looks like a good one to use up some scrap lumber.

Thanks for the side pic and I hope u don't mind that it seems there will be many copycat versions of ur dry rack lol! He did a great job... Tell him lots of ladies want him (for his craftiness) right now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

one last suggestion?

I line my racks with the extra large sheets of "plastic canvas" available at most hobby stores & walmart...the soapies don't get marks from the wires...inexpensive and simple to keep clean, providing a smooth and solid platform with plenty of air circulation...easy to trim for a perfect fit, too!

hubby found & cleaned this up for me...all I had to do was line the wire racks with the plastic mesh.

http://
qfvn.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back