New CP Soap & Sample Pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacy_bareskin

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a pic of my new soap batches along with my first sample batch that I'm starting up with my friends.

IMG_1956.jpg

The two multi-coloured ones were my first (and fairly unsuccessful) swirling effort. They've still got 3 weeks to cure, but I was feeling crafty last night so I thought I'd prepare them now. These will be filling the xmas gift baskets for my family this year.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Lucky people to get these as gifts. Don't say "unsuccessful swirls", they looked wonderfully layered! Love your labels and logo.

A hint I read about face masks if you want........give only the dry ingredients. This eliminates the need for preservatives and allows the customer to mix with water, milk, or what ever they want. Be careful with the wording and about making claims when labeling so as not to make it a cosmetic. I can not see all the label, just trying to help. :D

It really is a good idea to allow your soaps to fully cure before shrink wrapping. I know....it is hard enough to wait just to use it. :lol:

Digit

Yes they do have good layers. I took them and showed my sample girls yesterday and they loved them.

They're not shrink wrapped, they're just wrapped in cling film. So there's still exposure to the elements. I'm just scared of losing the sweet orange EO :).

The dry mix is a good idea. Tho I don't think these girls are going to let this mask sit around for very long as it is. They were extremely excited when I dropped it off and hopefully will be testing it this weekend. In fact, one girl was going to put it on herself and her 2 male housemates to try it out.

I've actually been turned into the skincare guru all of a sudden. I had to field questions regarding how and why you use things for almost an hour!

My next task is to write it all out in a much more concise, researched manner coz my explanations of why you'd use something like toner were a little disjointed. I was interested to see that most of the girl's didn't use it coz they didn't know what it was for and they were very eager for me to inform them.

I've read through the labelling regulations for Aus and they kinda focus on anti-aging and anti-acne claims etc. Tho, while they're a little vague and confusing I may need to read through them again now that I'm putting together information leaflets for my samples. I want to encourage my friends to learn about the beneficial use of EO's so I want to provide them with that information somehow.

Hi,
What program do you use for your cigar band labels? Are the ingredients listed on them?

Labels:
(I'm in Aus so from the look of it the product numbers and websites are different, I've linked the US one for you to look at)

I went to an office supply store and bought a packet of Avery Print or Write labels. They are small rectangles, 10/page, 350 labels per pack, approx. 1.5" x 2" size. There's a whole range to choose from so I pick the ones that are the right size for me. I have a few now.

Then, I went to the Avery website and used their free online label design application. Start a new project, type in the product number and it gives you an online template to create your labels. Nothing fancy tho, but my plan is to keep my labelling simple anyway.

Then you can print the labels to your printer using their instructions. Alternatively MS Word has label templates incorporated into the software that include most of the Avery range.

I stick the labels onto a strip of brown paper. The ingredients are listed on another sticker on the back, that sticker holds the band together.

I'm not very graphically inclined, so I stick with text and colour to make my labels stand out.

That is so great that you are educating the customer! It also shows that you have done your homework and know why you are using different ingredients. It is wonderful that your friends are loving the products. They will be your best advertisement.

I like your soap label idea!! Easy to do, yet can really do whatever you want. Yours are fab and match the name. :D

We have several Aussies here that can answer questions about legalities. Good luck!!!!

Digit

Latest posts

Back