New carrot and orange soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Loving the smell of this one, used organic carrot juice as the liquid, surprised it didn't burn with the lye! Can't wait to cut already, going to gel this one which is unusual for me.

1403554422188.jpg

lovely color! can't wait to see it cut. can i ask what kind of soap mold you were using? which supplier? it looks very nice :)

Thanks. It is from the Moulds Shop in Cheshire in the UK. They describe it as "wooden loaf with silicone liner #2" It's the first time I've used this one so will keep you posted on how it fairs!

ooohh those look lovely!

and thanks for the info on the mould :)

It's unanimous! Beautiful soap! :clap: Love the orange color. Can I ask if you put any scent in? I'm working on a carrot puree soap recipe and thinking of adding ground ginger. Can't decide if I want to add scent or if the carrot and ginger will accomplish that for me.

Thanks everyone!
KristaY I added some orange essential oil, the overall scent is quite earthy, which I was going for as a lot of my other soaps are quite strong smelling and sweet.

That's awesome. I want to make a carrot soap also, so it's nice to see that it doesn't turn brown! Did you use a scent at all.

They also sell a mold just like that at brambleberry.com

I didn't read the post on what scent you added, I see you wrote that you added orange essential oil. I wish I could smell it :) I just made an orange patchouli soap today sort of like karma from lush, because i loved that fragrance so much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back