Neem oil stench

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do hope the stench, lol, cures out for you. The dogs will not mind it, for some reason all dogs like stinky stuff, just my experience.

I tried neem soap one time. I threw it out while it was still warm. I could not take it. I switched to Tamanu after that, not so bad.

Interesting that once a bad smell cures in CP it is not so bad after all. Had that happen with a few aromas, but never let the neem sit around long enough to figure out. Do keep us posted!

I used Neem Oil at 5% in my dog shampoo and 8% in my pine tar. You cannot really smell the Neem in either one. Of course, with enough pine tar you could hide a great deal of dead bodies so that is probably not a good example.

I used only 5% too in a pet poo bars and i can still smell it. Prolly coz i used very lil EOs. The smell did dissipate after like a month. I quite like the current smell to be honest.

Just an update on the neem oil stench. It's already heaps better! In fact, I kinda like the smell now. I hope I didn't put anyone off using the stuff that hasn't tried it before. It is beyond horrible at first and my husband was actually a little cranky at me for stinky up the place but I really believe the benefits will outweigh the very short term stinky negative.

I use Lemongrass EO in my shampoo bar with neem and is satified with the smell, but I only have 6% neem into it. In my Paw Balm (for dogs and even to horses) I've Rosemary EO with 35% neem. If I do dog shampoo with nerm, I should use rosemary in that too. It doesn't kill all the smell, but it helps a bit.

I made a batch with 20% Neem. I used Lemongrass EO and that completely covered the yucky Neem smell. They smell fantastic!

Back