Needing Mud Mask Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toilandbubble

Reaction score
I want to venture into wet masks. Would anybody be willing to share a recipe that won't clump or dry out? Also, could you replace the water with just glycerin to make a perservative free mask? I'm just not to fimilar with the consistancy outcome, nor mud mask percentages as far as the ingredients as a whole.

I have some dead sea mud powder, salts, and french clay coming my way to play with.

Thanks! :) Have a beautiful day!

I would leave it dry and have you customer add any liquids to their hand instead (along with a small amount of the dry product). Anytime you add water, you will need a preservative and something like this would be hard to preserve.

You would still need a preservative since mud is typically nOt sterile and because glycerin is hygroscopic and because people will use it with wet fingers in a wet environment.

Glycerin is a humectant. It attracts water so you'd still want a preservative.

You'd also have to take into account on how are you going to package the mask. Are you going to package it in a jar? If so, you don't know how careful people will be when using it. Generally, items like this are kept in bathrooms which do get warm and humid. Are they going to make sure their hands are clean and dry when they use it? Will they put the lid back on or leave it uncovered?

I swear I capped the jar. It was the cat. The cat knocked the lid off. :oops:

eta: I just saw carebear beat me in replying. :lol:

Ah! I see! I do make dry masks already, but I found at a few fairs people asking me about wet masks. I use dry so I don't have to use a preservative, and explain "well.... " thats why I was curious about the glycerin. Not that I am against preservatives, just haven't tested those waters quite yet.

Thanks you all are very helpful!

Latest posts

Back