Need to hire someone for editing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mball

Reaction score
Hello Again Everyone,

My name is Mike and I have created an ebook about bubble bath which some of you have been kind enough to critique for me. Through your critiques and feedback, I realize that I still have much more to learn than I thought!

I have spent a considerable amount of time on the book already and just don't have the time to do more research to take it from being an okay book to an excellent book. I already work full time and own a retail business as well so my time is very limited.

Here is what I am looking for. I am looking to hire someone who is well versed in soapmaking, specifically bubble bath, bath bombs, bath soaks, bath oils, beads, salts, etc. to edit my primarily for content.

I don't think it would take an enormous amount of time and could probably be done over the course of a week or so. If you are interested, please send me your qualifications, including someothing you have written yourself, and any other supporting information like your website link, etc. so that I can get a gauge of your expertise. Once I pick someone, I will send you a copy of the book and you can tell me your thoughts of time requirements and what you would charge for the editing.

Please send your email to [email protected].

Thanks!

Mike

i am an editor by profession, but would want to see more information, e.g. number of pages, whether you pay by hour, page, chapter etc., whether it's copy editing and/or content editing, deadlines, potential future deadlines, timeline, expectations, etc. and for sure a copy sample. do you have a website or document outlining what you are looking for? that would be helpful, thanks!

From your initial post it seems more than an editor, you want or need someone to re-write it, not just edit for grammar and clarity. But perhaps I'm wrong.

It strikes me as odd that someone who describes his expertise (elsewhere) as being married to someone who takes a lot of baths just a few short months ago is now trying to write, and then sell, a how-to book on the topic.

I kind of have to agree with Carebear. I can edit like nobodies business. I don't do it professionally but have done it for myself and a few other businesses with good success. But I should be able to edit for language and grammar without being well versed in the subject. Maybe you need a co-author instead? If you've done half the work then maybe someone would be willing to jump in and add knowledge, experience and content. They may also bring credibility, which is also an added value. OTOH I have abandoned a project even near completion because I couldn't do it justice. It's not always failure, sometimes it's just good business. No judgement here, my advice is honest and unbaised. Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do! :D

Back