Need recommendation for lanolin in a dispenseable mode

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodybym

Reaction score
I'm looking for some packaging for 100% pure lanolin with easy dispensing (read: I don't want to stick my fingers in a container to get it out).

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Wow, I don't know... If it was in a tube, like a toothpaste tube or something, it would seem that would be your best bet. But it's so sticky I wonder if you would waste a lot because of it sticking to the container.

I usually use a popsickle stick to get mine out of the jar. And just throw the popsickle stick out.

I would like to use something more user friendly then a popsicle stick - I want to give some to a friend for breastfeeding and the popsicle stick thing won't work for a new mom.

I agree - with what you're describing you're better off making a lotion or cream that is high in lanolin. Keep in mind that lanolin works magic at low percentages in your products. But if you are want a dispensing system you are going to have a lot of waste.....

at my health food store they have bottles of liquid lanolin. maybe some of that would work?

The hospital gave me a tube of lanolin when I had my babies. The tube worked great.

Back