Need Opinions on New Recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CP_soapery

Reaction score
Ok this is the first time we have tried this CP recipe. I am still learning how to formulate my own recipes and was hoping I could get some input. The recipe I have come up with is:

Coconut Oil 944 g
Castor Oil 56 g
Shea Butter 113 g
Cocoa Butter 113 g
18% SF

I wanted to try an all coconut oil recipe but decided that I am too worried about it being too drying or having no lather, so added the castor to stabilize lather and butters to add conditioning. Any advice or input? Thanks in advance, woke up with a soaping urge this morning and want to try something new :) any ideas if this will work?

Welp, its a go lol. We went ahead and made this soap, no scent so we wouldn't have to worry about anything affecting the recipe. Can't hold off on colors though :D

Will post when we cut it!

Thanks, me too! That's the only problem with soaping, it tries my patience waiting on it but I love the CP look. Decided to try and keep it from gelling to save the pretty colors. We shall see :)

Do you know how long do I need to wait to cut it if they're not gelled? I have only ever left one batch ungelled but I still got impatient and cut that one too soon.

That looks like a nice recipe. Do tell us what you think of it. You could try a sliver in a week just to get an idea of what it will become if you get too impatient to wait.

We actually just cut it because it was such a hard bar. But they turned out beautifully color-wise! Seems like we successfully managed to avoid gel :D I'm pleased with it so far! Not the best pics, and I'm not sure why they posted twice lol but here we go

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1384916409.837250.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like a nice recipe. Do tell us what you think of it. You could try a sliver in a week just to get an idea of what it will become if you get too impatient to wait.

Thank you Judy! That makes me feel better that the recipe looks good to someone more experienced, cuz I'm not very good at formulating them yet.

Ok this is the first time we have tried this CP recipe. I am still learning how to formulate my own recipes and was hoping I could get some input. The recipe I have come up with is:

Coconut Oil 944 g
Castor Oil 56 g
Shea Butter 113 g
Cocoa Butter 113 g
18% SF

I wanted to try an all coconut oil recipe but decided that I am too worried about it being too drying or having no lather, so added the castor to stabilize lather and butters to add conditioning. Any advice or input? Thanks in advance, woke up with a soaping urge this morning and want to try something new :) any ideas if this will work?

Your soaps are gorgeous
No worries with coconut oil soap not lathering, it is the Sailor's Soap because it will even lather in salt water. I have used it many times washing my hands in salt water when out fishing. I actually cut my ungelled soaps in approx 10 hrs with a water discount. If I have not water discounted I remove from the mold the next morning and let them air dry for another day before cutting.

Last edited:
Your soaps are gorgeous
No worries with coconut oil soap not lathering, it is the Sailor's Soap because it will even lather in salt water. I have used it many times washing my hands in salt water when out fishing. I actually cut my ungelled soaps in approx 10 hrs with a water discount. If I have not water discounted I remove from the mold the next morning and let them air dry for another day before cutting.

Thanks cmzaha :) The timeframe helps, I should probably make sure it's at least that long from now on. I think I made it a little under 8 hours lol it was still a bit wet but thankfully not enough to smear the colors like the last time :oops:

Latest posts

Back