Naughty or Nice a Christmas Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOWERS! That is absolutely awesome soap! Wish I could reach through the screen and grab one to try it out!!

By chance do you have any pix of the mp and cp chips and pieces before you put them in? Just curious of the size and shapes, as that is beautifully mixed, colored and blended!

I just use a dollar store cheese grater to grate the soap up , some long some short pieces . The colored shreds are bits of MP shreds and curls I had leftover . You can make curls with a potato peeler .It is a great way to use bars that aren't that great .

Kitn

beautiful!! that is such a lovely soap

I love mixing mp soap in with my cp, you can get some really spectacular results but how do you solve the cp needing to cure in the air and the mp needing to be sealed in cling film or it gets glycering dew all over it? Im finding that a tough one to beat at the moment?

Kitn, these are beautiful! I tried grating soap and adding it to a batch, but it did not look like these. After seeing how awesome these are, I am going to try again! Bnky

Bnky said:
Kitn, these are beautiful! I tried grating soap and adding it to a batch, but it did not look like these. After seeing how awesome these are, I am going to try again! Bnky

If the soap you grate is fairly fresh , just grate it and let it dry a day or so on a paper towel , it will get clumpy in your new batch , if it isn't a little bit dried . I add the FO to my oils before the lye and just sb until thin trace , it will give you time to play .I soap at room temp for this one .I just put the shreds in the soap and stir with a skewer , you will be able to feel if the skewer is hitting clumps or going through smoothly .
Good luck , you can do it :D

Kitn

I'm just going to stop looking at your photo posts kitn!! I am simply so jealous of all your soap!

(fingures crossed behind my back:)

You are such a silly girl .Your soap is to die for , remember that little black dress that you made and many more soaps , or the egyptian gold oil . Well I do :wink:

Kitn

Very very cool. It's like confetti on steroids. I love it.
awesomesmiley-1.gif

Latest posts

Back