Name one amusing things you learned from this craft!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNaturesArt

Reaction score
Found this post on etsy, was so funny I had to bring it here. Caught myself digging through a hundred posts to find the soap makers oops..
coffee through the nose funnies!!

1. If show up my farmer's market with 250 different scented
soaps and lotions, the first ten people will ask for some-
thing I don't have with me...it's usually at home curing.

I LOVED this one!

2. I've learned that it doesn't do you any good to take the fragrance oil, pipettes, and color out of the pantry, if you're not going to actually remove the lid, draw out the FO and put it in the soap.

Osmosis is not a part of soapmaking. *sigh*

to not leave a pot cooking, no matter what! you never know what it is going to do.

If you use liquid color...remove that little seal underneath the lid, before you begin to squeeze really hard to try and make the color come out !

You don't need every oil known to mankind to make a great batch of soap .

If you get an idea or find a recipe you just have to try , you will be missing one of more of the ingredients , it will be something that has to be ordered online .

Newbies should definitely be reading through this list! lol Learn some valuable lessons before money is wasted/ disappointments happen.

When making that fudge coloured honey soap, remind hovering daughter (and self) not to dip a finger in to taste. :shock:

Volcanoes are not only for science fairs. -- They also get you banned from the kitchen for long periods of time.

If you color your soap with blue coloring made just for CP soap~~~~it really does NOT mean your CP soap will be blue when all is said and done! :cry:

Before you make your first batch of CP soap, DONT buy everything and anything you can, like exotic oils, colors and scents just because you THINK you need them! Turns out, you really DONT need them! :oops:

Go to your local Wallyworld (WalMart) and see what you can buy there before ordering online.....sometimes it is cheaper :p

The MOST important lesson I have learned is: DONT PURCHASE VIDEOS ONLINE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE CP SOAP! There are so many more resources out there and they dont cost you a thing.......besides it is not always easy to get your money back! :wink:

I am still learning each day I soap!

It is never a good idea to let someone take a bite out of your soap...no matter how much you dislike the person.

Don't pack a lunch for your significant other when you are distracted by soaping...they never end up with anything remotely edible.

I've learned that the soap will turn out exactly how it wants, not how you think it will :lol:

Not a bad thing though - as long as you take notes to remember what you put in :wink:

When it comes to color.....a little can go a longggggggg way! Here's a picture of my pastel colored soap :oops:

clownsoap.jpg

Just because my silk is in liquid form, it doesn't mean you can add it to the oils instead of the lye solution. FYI...liquid silk turns into teeny bubbles in the bottom of the pot of oil and it doesn't want to incorporate into the oil. :x

Even though I still consider myself a newbie... I've learned that no matter what, no colorant will ever behave the way I'm expecting.

I make notes on my recipe sheet as I am soaping, what colour I am using, what mould, what fragrance, if I am putting it in the oven, I write any unexpected events, seizes, all of it.
Only trouble is, I write with my gloves on, and when I pack up everything and put my recipe into the folder I can't read anything that I've written.
Between the gloved hands, and my soaping shorthand I manage to write like a dr. :lol:

ChrissyB said:
I make notes on my recipe sheet as I am soaping, what colour I am using, what mould, what fragrance, if I am putting it in the oven, I write any unexpected events, seizes, all of it.
Only trouble is, I write with my gloves on, and when I pack up everything and put my recipe into the folder I can't read anything that I've written.
Between the gloved hands, and my soaping shorthand I manage to write like a dr. :lol:

I make notes too and some of my note papers are a greasy mess and hard to read to enter into the soapmaker3 .I am going to get a whiteboard to put on the wall above my soap table.

Latest posts

Back