Name one amusing things you learned from this craft!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less is definitely best when it comes to scrubby additives :shock:

If you leave yr SB standing in the soappot,you WILL bump it...and spill raw soap EVERYWHERE!!! :lol: :lol:

here`s a couple of good ones I found!

When testing new soap, never open your eyes to admire your lovely new bar of bubbly soap, at least when washing your face. :)

Never reach over the soap pot for anything. Lye burn in the pits is painful.

Lye mixed with beer smells like cat pee.

The less you like a certain scent, the more likely you are to spill it all over yourself.

Banging a soap mold on the table doesn't get the soap out but it sure makes you feel better!

MyNaturesArt said:
Banging a soap mold on the table doesn't get the
soap out but it sure makes you feel better!

- And banging a PVC pipe soap mold to remove air bubbles usually results in more air bubbles AND soap leakage.

- People trying your soaps for the first time will inevitably ask if/when/where you sell them or plan to sell them... as if it only requires the planning of something like a roadside lemonade stand.

22 soaps on the bathroom window sill is NOT a good look.

Yes, but a pretty macrame basket hanging from the ceiling with vented bottom makes a mighty fine soap display. Sounds very 70'ish doesn't it?

xyxoxy said:
MyNaturesArt said:
Banging a soap mold on the table doesn't get the
soap out but it sure makes you feel better!

- And banging a PVC pipe soap mold to remove air bubbles usually results in more air bubbles AND soap leakage.

- People trying your soaps for the first time will inevitably ask if/when/where you sell them or plan to sell them... as if it only requires the planning of something like a roadside lemonade stand.

Isn't this the truth. I have already been asked if I am going to sell. They don't think about everything I need in place prior to that. Esp. insurance. I have given out a few bars. They tell me how nice the bar is, but I know those bars can still be a lot nicer. Some had a cleansing of 22 and moisturizing of 35 and they tell me how creamy and conditioning they are. I tell them to wait to try the next ones that are ready, now that I know more of what qualities I want in the soap.

gekko62 said:
Less is definitely best when it comes to scrubby additives :shock:

Absolutely! After bathing with a soap that had tumeric and paprika added just for color, I've decided I'm not adding that anymore. Too scratchy!

If you have soaped for 5 mins or 50 years, lye crystals don't care.

If you get too cocky, they will pick that moment to fly through the air and land on your eyelid. Or lip. Or between your boobs.

The God of NaOH smotes cockiness!!!

It doesn't matter how many batches you've made, you always, always end up going back to check on your baby to see if its alright /this time/

and no matter how much you make, you're always learning. Always.

You can never stop experimenting with things to put in the soap or things to make the soap in .

artisan soaps said:
Plastic drippers in FO bottles serve a purpose - you don't cover yourself in scent when they're in there :roll:

That's right!...the scent-splashing happens when yr trying to get the *#!!#* dripolator thingys out,coz paint dries faster than waiting for the driiiiiiip to drrrrrop :lol:

Latest posts

Back