My weekend soaps :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarad

Reaction score
Ok, this is what I did with the grandkids this weekend ! WHEW, I'm tired today LOL

In this pic from left to right

Cocoa Chunk - they took scraps and a plain batch, rebatched it, tossed in the chunky scraps and scented it with cocoa.

Lavender - This is a castille I did up, then let them rebatch and add scent and color to.

And in this one from left to right

The really whitish is a lavender scent with chunks of red and blue soap squares.

The brown is a citrus & spice rebatch

The green is a patchouli scent with tons of multi colored scraps tossed in. the kids called it "patchouli patchwork"

I may have created a few monsters, they all expect to be back next weekend to do the same thing all over again. I'm not sure I have the energy to do 4 or 5 batches of soap with 3 kids aged 3 1/2 to 7 every weekend !!! :shock:

Wow! Those are beautiful! I love the chunky soaps like that. I've never tried them, mostly because I've only now started experimenting with color, but I'm going to have to try that one day!

And way to go, Grandma! Wow, it makes me tired just THINKING about doing that with three grandkids. It wears me out just making a batch of cookies with my two kids! They are going to have such awesome memories of their childhood thanks to you :)

Shhhhhh please do not say "cookies" too loudly, they will hear you and I'll be stuck baking as well before the weekend is over.

I think if they plan to make this a weekly thing Grammy will be investing in some M&P so it's a bit quicker and less work :lol:

Now if you'll all excuse me, I must go mop my kitchen floor and remove the 2+ pounds of soap that's smooshed into the tile and grout. I guess the bright side is that I shouldn't need to add any cleaner to the bucket eh ? :? :wink:

They look wonderful! The chunky pieces are truly creative looking.....your grandkids are proud of themselves I bet! And good on you for being such a wonderful grandma....they will remember this for the rest of their lives.

Tanya :)

Wow! You guys did a great job! I bet they had fun with you and it will be a moment that they will never forget either!!

Thanks everyone :)

The kids had a great time, and it is fun doing it with them. They're amazed that you can actually make soap LOL

Of course my "grandson", who really isn't my grandson but thinks he is was amazed the other week when I told him I was making french fries for supper and I pulled out a bag of potatoes. He was shocked to discover that french fries came from potatoes, he had only ever seen them come from plastic bags LOL

So next weekend we're doing it all again. I better get busy whipping up some plain basic soaps for them to grate and rebatch.

Wow. Love the soaps.

You are a way better gramma than I will ever be. I am not a gramma yet but am a great Aunty to a 4 and 6 year old (the favorite Aunty I might be so bold as stating) and do lots of stuff with them but can't imagine being that ambitious!!!!!

Back