My usual rant abt work

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I can't wait for the day my daughter takes over these daycares and I can just make soap :evil:

I set aside this morning to make calls to government and social agencies, it is so god-awful fustrating. When I first started my business over 10 years ago, I had a reputation for getting fustrated and cussing folks out, yes I did. But I got my businesses open and have operated for 10 years with little to no problems. So now I'm older, too tired to be cussing folks out.

I wrote a letter over two months ago asking that a regulatory restriction be removed from my facilities since a few laws have since changed. I waited a month and was promised a response. The person who was supposed to render the response has not responded to call, written requests or personal visits (gov't employee) I asked for her supervisor. I was told by 4 different people in two different agencies either that she had no supervisor or they refused to give me the supervisors contact info.

So evidently this person must be QUEEN of said gov't agency :roll: , I had to call the governors office to find her superv, that person was very nice, but I'm steamed that as a taxpayer aren't I entitled to know who a gov't employee's superv is???

Then I went though a rigorous training program with a gov't subcontractor. I should have know when I was theonly one in the training program that something was wrong, the other two people were in another business catogory. When my certification time came, the agency started hemmin and hawin...I never got my cert because, when I called the regulatory ageny, this subcontractor had not YET been approved to certify folks in my business catagory.

They advertise that they do BUT they used me as a guinea pig to move forward in their scope of services :x :evil: :x I am HOTTER than July!

This snafu will cost me about $1,000 a month until it is straightened out.
I am so angry, do you see why making soap is my escape, I could just stay right here all day, thinking only about soap :cry: :cry: :cry:

OMG - that is terrible! I hate the way the government agencies treat people - I think they do forget they even have their jobs as a result of OUR tax money. My husband used to work for an agency that was funded by the government. He used to come home SO angry with the lack of professionalism and attention to the work that needed to be done. It would take months for something that would take a day or two in any "normal" business. He just found out that his former boss was fired about two weeks ago. She wasn't even in the office when they came in to do it... she was at the VFW drinking! (Yes, in the middle of the day!) Among the reasons she was fired were being at the bar during work hours (you mean, you can't do that?), and ordering supplies for work, then re-selling the office supplies on E-bay (you mean you can't do that?), and turning in false mileage reports (you mean you can't do that?).

This was an office which received grants from the government with county government oversight. I can only imagine an office like what you're dealing with with layers and layers of bureaucracy.

My condolences. And all you really wanted to do was take care of kids, right? It's just sad. (I can't believe that thing you said about the training program - seems like the attorney general should be looking into that!)

and can you believe I've been sitting here online since 9am, waiting for a call back from either agency...NOTHING!

the sad thing is years ago I realized in order to "run" a daycare you need one person to deal just with the regulations and such. I rarely even get the chance to care for kids (I have a staff of 6) from sun up to sundown...paperwork

Bureaucracy sucks , any way you shake it. They have you but the short ones. We are dealing with city hall over a garage , nobody knows anything , they are to busy to answer the phone ( hubby was told that yesterday )WTH He had to drive down there to get the answer .
Makes you want to scream or dream of the soap you just have to make.
Deep breathes phillysoaps. This to shall pass.

Kitn

Kitn said:
Bureaucracy sucks , any way you shake it. They have you but the short ones. We are dealing with city hall over a garage , nobody knows anything , they are to busy to answer the phone ( hubby was told that yesterday )WTH He had to drive down there to get the answer .
Makes you want to scream or dream of the soap you just have to make.
Deep breathes phillysoaps. This to shall pass.

Kitn

Thank you kitn, I took a break and went outside and snatched weeds out the ground :lol:

I had a terrible run-in with a government agency once and kept getting different responses from different people, and the bottom line was, I was getting NOWHERE.

So, after being near tears in anger after dealing with the incompetence of government workers for months, I wrote a letter to my governor explaining to him that I understood him to be a man of action, and that I needed help getting a response and resolution to my issue. I immediately received a letter from his office, and within 10 days my issue was resolved, along with a letter of apology and contact number in case I needed assistance in the future.

So, it's time to take your problem to the next level. I learned that going to another "supervisor" is futile. Go straight to the top if you want action. Don't waste your time with government workers who have absolutely nothing to lose. Your governor and your senators all rely on your vote-- office workers don't, therefore they couldn't care less about your problem, and it shows.

carillon said:
I had a terrible run-in with a government agency once and kept getting different responses from different people, and the bottom line was, I was getting NOWHERE.

So, after being near tears in anger after dealing with the incompetence of government workers for months, I wrote a letter to my governor explaining to him that I understood him to be a man of action, and that I needed help getting a response and resolution to my issue. I immediately received a letter from his office, and within 10 days my issue was resolved, along with a letter of apology and contact number in case I needed assistance in the future.

So, it's time to take your problem to the next level. I learned that going to another "supervisor" is futile. Go straight to the top if you want action. Don't waste your time with government workers who have absolutely nothing to lose. Your governor and your senators all rely on your vote-- office workers don't, therefore they couldn't care less about your problem, and it shows.

so true, just got one call from that evil subcontractor who admitted that the division I was trained under is authorized but it is small start-up division and she will look into my difficulties...still no call from the state on the other issue.

will start all over again tommorow, time to drive the school van...ugh...again not much accomplished...but read alot about SOAP...bahahahahahahah :D :D :D

What I learned is that higher level political officials operate under certain time constraints to respond to inquiries from their constituents.

Send a letter directly to your governor, explaining the difficulties you are encountering, and the lack of cooperation you have received. He/she has a staff devoted to resonding to correspondence. Lower agencies will then have to answer to his/her office and be told to address your issue. Once you get top administration involved the lower agency normally has to report back as to the status of the issue, so they will want to resolve it ASAP. That's what will get their attention. As long as you keep dealing within the agency you're having problems with, they will keep dragging on.

Good luck with everything.

carebear said:
what is a "regulatory restriction"?

something we could not do ten years ago and now the laws have changed

for example the handicap modifications necessary based on building size or excluding certain children or people in certain situations

Latest posts

Back