My soap sample

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meltiongson

Reaction score
My uncle asked me to cut some soaps into smaller pieces so he can give it as a sample. The soap is already been cured so its already hard when i cut it and here's what i've got. Its an oatmeal, milk and yogurt soap.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389023520.600161.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389023545.963731.jpg

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389023564.353018.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389023379.729301.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySoap Making1389023379.729301.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 321
Thanks for the reply. I wondered because I still haven't found an oatmeal & milk scent I like yet and I thought you'd have a suggestion.

Kind of hard to tell what size they are. However, I agree with Hazel...nice and creamy?

Very nice:) Hazel, have you tried the OMH from brambleberry? Its a bit lighter then I like but it smells amazing.

Obsidian and shunt2011 -

Thank you both. I'll check into these; although it may not be soon. For some reason, I have to use my money to pay these odd things called "bills". :(

@ Meltiongson -

I'm sorry for highjacking your thread. :oops:

Being a beekeeper, I bought a FO last summer called Honeycomb from NDA. It's not really what I think of as the scent of honeycomb warm and fresh from the hive, but I realize most folks have never really smelled that particular smell.

Even so, it's still good -- it really reminds me of the smell of a bowl of hot oatmeal sprinkled with dark brown sugar. A sweet, warm, oat-y, comforting scent.

I've never smelled OMH fragrances as such, so I don't know how the Honeycomb compares, but, hmmm, it's pretty nice. I can also say it is a very strong scent that is lasting well in CPOP soap. It darkened my soap to a brown sugar color. Of course NDA discontinued it, but I see Nature's Garden has a honeycomb FO that, according to the description sounds similar.

it really reminds me of the smell of a bowl of hot oatmeal sprinkled with dark brown sugar. A sweet, warm, oat-y, comforting scent.

This sounds good to me. I would have probably tried it in beer soap. Too bad they discontinued it. Perhaps it's me but the OMH or MH FOs smell like almonds to me. I really like Peak's Wild Mountain Honey but I've only used it in sugar scrub soap. I've read mixed reviews about it - some say it accelerates in CP and others say it doesn't. It does have slight discoloration.

Obsidian and shunt2011 -

Thank you both. I'll check into these; although it may not be soon. For some reason, I have to use my money to pay these odd things called "bills". :(

@ Meltiongson -

I'm sorry for highjacking your thread. :oops:

Hahaha its fine.. I like reading other peoples comments or topics. I learn alot of stuffs that way

Those look nice, but they almost make me think of fudge (not that that is a bad thing).

Latest posts

Back