My Second Batch of MP Soap - Cucumber Honey w/Oatmeal

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikindred

Reaction score
Okay, I am so excited!!! After being a little disappointed about my first batch of MP last week, I decided to give it another try and use something different. So, I created my very own recipe and it lathers well and smells great! :D Here is the recipe:

4lbs Avocado Cucumber Base
1/4 cup of Honey
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Oatmeal (grinded)
1/2 tsp of Buttermilk powder
6 drops of Seafoam Green Coloring
1 1/2 tbsp of Cucumber FO

I used a loaf pan this time but I had to cut alot off of the end pieces because they were shaped a little weird but I can work on that later. Not sure of how to load images on here but I am trying!
[/img]

Your soap looks great!

I have a question though... isn't a general rule not to add more than 1 teaspoon of liquid additive to prevent change to the lather... I see you added more honey and olive oil and you say it lathers great - what am I missing?

I am new to this and I went by a recipe I had found on the internet but altered the fragrances. I used the soap last night and it seemed to lather well for me. What do you think I should have changed for the liquids?

I have found that you can add quite a bit of ADDITIVES to m&p and still have a great lather. I add half a cup of honey to 2lbs of base for my honey and oatmeal soap and it is my best seller. Take a piece of your base with nothing added to it ,lather it up ,,,now take a piece of your finished product and do the same ,compare the two and you be the judge. :)

Back