My Scale..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tootie_Smiles

Reaction score
I just realized that my digital scale is off. I tried to calibrate it but it is still off. I bought it from Harbor Freight tools.

I saw a digital postal scale at Walmart, I wonder if that would be better.

Any suggestions?

Pauline

Did you try going to their website to see if they had any tricks or tips to calibrate it?
I got mine on ebay it is an americanweigh , it is a good one.Had it for about 4 years .Having said that , you probably want one sooner than that.I would check out the ones at wal mart and see how you like them. Lots of people have them.If it is like walmart in Canada , they have a great return policy .

Kitn

I just bought 2 new scales, a digital one from walmart, not the postal one because it only weighed in oz. I got one of the kitchen diet scales, ther were 3 different ones to choose from, priced from $20 to $35. I also bought a triple beam scale off ebay< $60, free shipping. I won't have to worry about batteries or it going wonkie on me like my other digital scale.

I didn't realize I had to check to see if it weighed properly. DUH.. Mine seems to be off .5 of an ounce. I do have a weight watchers scale but it is not digital and it only weighs up to a pound. I will have to take a closer look at the postal scale I saw at walmart.

Thanks for the input!

Pauline

my supid scale from target ate though batterys like crazy, i just went and bought a battery charger, it charges 4 batterys and was only 12$, cant afford a new scale, yet. :lol:

My digital scale that went wonkie had an adapter so that I could plug in, never put batteries in it. The new digital scale has a lithium ion battery in it. These type of batteries are supposed to last a long time.

For making soap, I use a Pelouze postal scale that I bought at Staples. It has a tare feature and weighs in ounces and grams. To make sure it's weighing properly, I weigh 5 US quarters on it (5 US quarters equals 1 oz.)

I use a different scale for making lotions (a JS-200xv). It weighs in very minute increments.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back