My recent order from sweetcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Healinya

Reaction score
I bought a few things from them that arrived today, one was 8 color dye gel pack (http://www.sweetcakes.com/default.php?cPath=29) It seemed so wonderful, you only use the littlest amount on a toothpick and it's supposed to blend easily. So I soaped with it and had trouble. I saw no color, so I added more, stick blended it some more, still no color. I have a feeling I am going to have very dark blue clumps of dye when I slice it in the morning.

So I went back on sweetcakes and reread the product, and realized that it's for "melt-and-pour soap, shampoo, shower gel, and lotion" Didn't say anything about CP, which is what I did...

So, my question... is anyone familiar with this product and know if I can do anything with it? I'm gonna start experimenting with mixing it in oil and adding it at the end that way.. just seeing if anyone else uses it and has any ideas.

Ah - not pH stable. Bummer.

You may be able to use them in HP soaps if you add the color after the cook - but even then you may run into some difficulty because soap is a high pH product.

x

may i suggest you check out wwwtkbtrading.com they have and extensive selection of hi-ph colors-i just got an 11-pack of their non-bleeding neon colors for c/p for $16.

they have great prices and service, and one of the gals is a soaper. you can email questions.

i learned a lot just going thru the site and looking. most of the micas work for c/p, too but you only get the color, not really the sparkle.

hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back