My Next Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I'm going to try my first layered soap today. The bottom layer is going to be coffee CP, the next layer will be chocolate CP and then the top is going to a whipped Milled Soap. Now here's my question. Can I use a milled soap on top of CP? What I'm trying to achieve is the look of a layer cake with the white as a frosting.

Please let me know if this is a good or bad idea and if it is a bad idea what can I do to make this work better.

Thanks! :D

Sounds amazing! Can't help you with the whipped part, but I can't wait to see how they turn out!!!

When you say 'whipped milled soap', do you mean a rebatched soap? I have seen photos of whipped soap used as a layer, and they look pretty good, but I'm not sure about whipped rebatch. It sounds interesting, make sure you post pics!

Pictures Attached

Thanks! Becky, my understanding is that rebatch and milled soap are very similar. For me it means its soap that I've already made specifically for milling (shredding & remelting with liquid) where I can add stuff or as in this instance whip it. I am so not even close to being an expert on this, but I love to play and experiment.

So here are pictures of the soap in its mold, the coffee is on the bottom, chocolate in the middle and then on the top I wanted it look like melting marshmallows. You can see in the side view how the "marshmallow" layer curves into the chocolate - didn't expect that! It looks like the coffe-chocolate layer stayed right, but we'll see.

I sure hope this works...... :roll:

CoffeeChocolateLayerSoap001.jpg

CoffeeChocolateLayerSoap003.jpg
[/img]

Hmm - maybe I should have prettied up the mold by wiping the drips before showing it to you huh? An well - I've put it to bed for a couple of days to set up.

That looks like the most yummy chocolate dessert ever from the side view :D I am not even that into choccy yet I would LOVE to take a great big spoonful.......well done and please post pics of it when it is cut for us all to see.

Absolutely divine! :wink:

Tanya

Looking yummy to me!!!! Let us see those cut pics! :lol:

Digit

Back