My new 1 pound T&S mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't buy a lego kit but 750 random pieces for $11. It fits on a lego base so the seal is tighter for the legos and I can trim the lego pattern off the bottom if I want. It took time to build and that's where a "real" mold would get much cheaper but since they don't make one yet in the size I built this, I'm stuck building it until a professional mold becomes available. I will be first in line, let me tell you.

If I were clever enough, I could built this mold and make it look like....something, complete with windows, door and roof and maybe a doorbell. ;)

Thanks for the washing tip! It really needs it.

Last edited:
Instead of building it and taking it apart all the time, could you just take the base off and push the soap out?

Inspired by Newbie. Clearly I had too much fun playing with the legos. Don't know when I will be able to try it out. Looks like clean up might take some time.

IMG_20151008_143820572_HDR.jpg

Ha! You have to show us how it works for you when filled. Go Legos!!

I did try to push it out of the mold. I used another bar of soap the same size to push on the soap in the mold as evenly as possible but it didn't budge. Part of my problem is a lack of patience; it may have worked today after the soap was harder but I couldn't wait to see what I had in there. It also may have worked if I had frozen it so I could push it better without worrying about squishing or denting it in some way. I'll try again. If someone can get a soap out of a piece of gutter, I should be able to get it out of the lego mold.

Ha! You have to show us how it works for you when filled. Go Legos!!

I did try to push it out of the mold. I used another bar of soap the same size to push on the soap in the mold as evenly as possible but it didn't budge. Part of my problem is a lack of patience; it may have worked today after the soap was harder but I couldn't wait to see what I had in there. It also may have worked if I had frozen it so I could push it better without worrying about squishing or denting it in some way. I'll try again. If someone can get a soap out of a piece of gutter, I should be able to get it out of the lego mold.

Would it maybe be a good idea to put a layer of freezer paper in so you could hold onto that and pull? I share your lack of patience.

I made this mold as a slab mold and it is a little big. I think I'll do a small one to test it out before I try this one. I will post pictures whenever I get to it.

Love your soap, BTW.

LOL!!!! I love this idea!!!! Does letting the soap go through gel warp the Legos at all? I told my husband about this and he brought this up. If not, I've got 3 HUGE tubs of Legos...ahem....soap molds in the basement :)

I was just thinking that every hobby or interest I delve into to a geeky degree ends up with LEGO somewhere.

Role playing games = LEGO people for miniature, or block scenery. Even LEGO dice rollers
Traditional shaving = LEGO brush and razor stands
Now LEGO soap forms.

Guess I should keep my eye open for someone making a LEGO yoyo. :)

It's like Legos are the first degree of separation!

The soap gelled and there were zero problems with warping or anything else. Other than having some soap on them, the legos were unscathed and are now in a pillowcase in the washer. I don't know what temp would affect them-possibly being too close to the heating coil in a DW.

I was curious so I poked around a bit. Looks like ABS plastics can be used in sustained conditions of up to 80C/176F, so the heat of soap making shouldn't be a problem.

Latest posts

Back