My first Soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smash

Reaction score
These are my first attempts at soap making. The beige one is just a basic recipe, shorting, coconut oil, olive oil, and sunflower oil, which i did HP. No colour, sent, or anything. I jut wanted to see if I could actually make soap! The swirled one (not that swirly, I guess)my first CP, and it's cinnamon and vanilla, with apricot seeds.

Sorry, my photos aren't very good.

Gorgeous smash! That first batch looks so creamy and says "pure soap" to me....the cinnamon/vanilla's swirl reminds me of a star nebula swirl! Awesome soap and welcome to the addiciton!

Tanya :)

Those soaps look great, Smash. I love your avatar too.

Thanks everyone. Yes, the first one it actually quite lovely. My boyfriend works in a tattoo shop and I was going for a nice natural soap with no sents or colours to use on fresh tattoos and pierings. Might try to sell some there.

And thanks, Jody. I'm not sure if you knew, but it is a buddist prayer. "Om Mani Padme Om" meaning "Hail the Jewel in the Lotus"

Brilliant first soaps!
Tattoo soaps are usually antibacterial, so maybe add an antibacterial EO?
Lavender, T Tree, Lemon, Peppermint, Pine and quite a few others would do the job.
Keep on swirlin' :lol:

Smash said:
Thanks everyone. Yes, the first one it actually quite lovely. My boyfriend works in a tattoo shop and I was going for a nice natural soap with no sents or colours to use on fresh tattoos and pierings. Might try to sell some there.

And thanks, Jody. I'm not sure if you knew, but it is a buddist prayer. "Om Mani Padme Om" meaning "Hail the Jewel in the Lotus"
that is awesome!

LomondSoap said:
Brilliant first soaps!
Tattoo soaps are usually antibacterial, so maybe add an antibacterial EO?
Lavender, T Tree, Lemon, Peppermint, Pine and quite a few others would do the job.
Keep on swirlin' :lol:

Actually tea tree isn't recomended on new tattoos at all, although it's great for piercings. It's actually really bad for them. I prefer just plain soap. Anything can be irritating, really. As long as it's clean, that all you need. But then again, every artist is different and so is their after care. Here, they recomend just a mild soap. I've had others tell me to use an antibacterial, like you said, but really there are so many ways to take care of new tattoos and piercings. I've never had a problem and I have quite a few. :)

Lindy said:
Smash that's wonderful! I would never have recognized it for a prayer although I did see the lotus in it....

Ya, you can kind of see the charaters in it a bit. My boyfriend has them tattooed on his arm.

Latest posts

Back