My first Soap Spa Party!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
Hi all!

My SIL hosted my very first Soap Spa Party last week and I wanted to share with you how everything went for me.

First of all, a great big 'thank you' to Lindy for her inspirational posts on just this topic....I did almost everything you said and it worked perfectly!

I had a nice table display with all my products set out and explained to the guests why I started making my own soap, showed them the shea butter and the silk fibre that I mostly add to every batch and shared my opinion as to why commercially produced soap affected my skin so negatively. I focused on 3 key ingredients usually found in bar and liquid soap (particularly SLS) and gave only facts as my reasons. I didn't mention any particular brand for comparison. My intention was to promote handmade soap -v- commercial soap as a whole. I was asked lots of questions and we had a very interesting discussion - loved it! I did mention before I started that I would be asking questions based on my presentation with each correct answer getting a sample sized piece of soap as a reward......I was amazed at how well people listened to me :wink:

Each guest made a single-use packet of bath salts to take home as a thank you gift, tried a bar of my basic recipe soap and also tried the salt scrub I make, then everyone got busy buying things. The process from the beginning of my presentation to the finish of sales took about an hour and a half. We also had a lucky door prize of a bar of soap and the host got to choose a gift to the value of $15.00 AUD which I presented to her at the beginning of the party plus 10% retail sales to spend and a $10.00 gift voucher to spend at each booked party.

I am definitely doing this again.....I got 4 party bookings and after all expenses I made a net profit of about $50.00 per hour!!!

Tanya :)

x

:D congrats, tanya!!! you go girl!!! :D

sounds like a great start, and i'm sure after a few more parties you'll be a real pro!

i envy you your people-skills. i get really nervous when a group of people are staring at me waiting for me to act intelligent-i get tongue-tied! LOL!

good going!

{{{Tanya}}} you go girl!!!

I need to start doing some more spa parties beacause they are so much fun! I'm thrilled for you that you got 4 more parties booked - way to go!

Your product is so gorgeous that I can just imagine how people will have reacted to it and it shows in your sales.....

Hugs
Lindy

That is awesome news Tanya .How could it get any better , having fun and selling your beautiful soap..It's a win win situation.I wish I didn't live as far away as one could get from you. : :cry:

Kitn

UMMMM< i wanna come to one of your spa parties. lol

good for you, great job!

Tanya that's great!!
You didn't happen to sell tupperware in another life did you? :wink:
That's a great idea about the parties!!
Do you think you might have room for a tagalong next time you do one?

Nicely done. My dad sugessted I do something like that but I was like umm.. I don't really know anyone outside the army right now hahah

ChrissyB said:
Tanya that's great!!
You didn't happen to sell tupperware in another life did you? :wink:
That's a great idea about the parties!!
Do you think you might have room for a tagalong next time you do one?

Absolutely Chrissy. Not at the next one because the lady hosting that is a bit prickly (lol) but you can come along to any others I do. I have sold by party plan before, but never my own stuff - it is different somehow. I found that I was more nervous selling my soap than jewellery or skincare as I have in the past. But I was also more engaged and involved and passionate about my own products.....seems to have gone well for me. My party plan style will be evolving with the next few parties I do and then I should have more confidence :wink:

Tanya :)

heartsong said:
:D congrats, tanya!!! you go girl!!! :D

sounds like a great start, and i'm sure after a few more parties you'll be a real pro!

i envy you your people-skills. i get really nervous when a group of people are staring at me waiting for me to act intelligent-i get tongue-tied! LOL!

good going!

thats my problem too, speaking to a group, someone suggested to me, acting lessons...

Back