My first & second CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The soap looks good in your pics. I'm wondering if the white spots in the one batch is the TD which didn't get fully blended. TD is tricky to work with and there are differences. TD can either be manufactured to be water dispersible or oil dispersible. Which type do you have?

pure&simple posted her method on rebatching which you might find helpful. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28489

Thanks Hazel. For your help too, I am so greatfull.

I suspect that the white spots also can be caused, by pouring the soap into the mold 2 times :?:
The soap is not white - so I must have done something wrong with TD. :oops:
My TD is water dispersible. I disolved 2 teaspoons in 1 teaspoon of water, (for 800ml oli) and added it after trace.
Next time I might want to mix it with some soap mass too, and add a little before :?:
Or how do I exatly use it :?: do you know where I can read about the exact use?

Crap! I was writing a reply and lost it! :x

Okay - I basically said I've only used oil dispersible TD which I blend into the oils before adding the lye solution. Some members who've used water dispersible mentioned they add it to their lye solution.

Some links which might help

viewtopic.php?t=21295 - scroll down to IrishLass' post
viewtopic.php?t=30825
viewtopic.php?t=7294

Hopefully, someone who uses water dispersible can answer your questions. Also, you may not get a white soap from TD. How "white" the soap gets is affected by the oils. It can lighten a batch but you may only get a cream color if you're using dark or yellow colored oils.

HTH

Back