My first milk soap...with a cocoa line!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out perfect! Love the colors and with the line I think a stamp would take away from it more than add to it.

How did you make the thin cocoa line? Did you just sprinkle a layer of cocoa from a Hershey's unsweetened cocoa container? It looks wonderful and I would like to try it!

Beautiful! It looks like a sunrise and the color is perfect for Lemongrass & Orange.

Do you mind if I ask where you got the FO? It sounds like one I'd love. :D

Thanks, all, for looking and your comments!
Fullamoon said:
How did you make the thin cocoa line? Did you just sprinkle a layer of cocoa from a Hershey's unsweetened cocoa container? It looks wonderful and I would like to try it!

Yes, to my surprise, it's that easy. I put about a teaspoon full in a strainer to sift it on lightly, you don't want to cover the soap completely, as to avoid the layers separating. (got this off Amanda's blog, too :) )

trishwosere said:
Beautiful soap and what a gorgeous nice straight cocoa line...loving' it :)

Actually, I would have preferred it to be uneven, but I haven't figured out how to do that, lol.

Bubbles Galore said:
Beautiful job, so straight, well done. Stamp one bit and show. :lol:

Maybe I will :wink:

Hazel said:
Do you mind if I ask where you got the FO? It sounds like one I'd love. :D

Not at all, Hazel, but I just mixed some Peak Lemongrass with some SOS Orange.

The first thing I thought of was "what a soothing warm looking soap", I would probably feel so relaxed in the shower using it i'd fall asleep, its funny how different soap triggers the emotions. I would be interested in seeing what it would look like stamped, it may depend on the stamp design too, either way you did a beautiful job.

It reminds me of a sun ready to burst up onto the horizon, do you have a name for it yet Salty?

Thank you, Pretty n Plain, that's a very nice description! I don't usually name my soaps, though. What would you name it? :)

Hazel, someone SHOULD make a Lemongrass and Orange fo, they smell nice together.

saltydog said:
Thank you, Pretty n Plain, that's a very nice description! I don't usually name my soaps, though. What would you name it? :)

Salty, I would name it either "Horizon Summer" or "Citrus Sunrise" I keep coming back to it, it looks so relaxing.

Lurv your soap and such a straight line - mmm, add that to my list.

The yellow is obviously the carrot, did you put an orange colour in it as well.

very nice I really like the creamy carrot bar. How did you get the line to stay.? At what trace did you pour.

Back