My first HP Adventure W/photos…

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going for the HP...

Hey you guys are really great and I appreciate all the comments...
My first experience with HP was a little hairly, especially at the end when I started to put it in the mold. I had to move quickly cuz it looked like I wasn’t going to get it in the mold without having it being to thick and then leaving air bubbles and voids in the soap. Honor 435 (Kim) sort of warned me about that and said just start banging the mold on your work area to force any voids or pockets out of the soap…that’s what I did but then I had to smooth the top with a couple of tools and as you can see it turned out with kind of a rough swirlly foamy look… :) ..
The more I read what you guys have written I’m thinking that I like the outcome more and more… :lol: ... I had planned on making another batch of my “Plumeria castile” …guess I should call it Bastille…CP as I had done the first time but now I may just go for it and make a double batch doing HP.

From Anna’s comments, :wink: “Really lovely! Lovely sea foam look, texture and contrast - from an artistic perspective” to the rest of your comments about color, texture etc, has encouraged me to try HP a few more times and with some of my other recipes.
At the risk of writing an Epistle here I’ll say thanks again and sign off.
Jerry S

Back