But there's hope! I think.... Made a small batch yesterday. New recipe I made up, making soap stones (which I love to make because I've always loved rocks and stuff), hubby was home (I usually make soap when I'm home alone), etc. Excited to try my new recipe, and I usually do 2:1 lye/water, 5% superfat, etc.. Poured it into the molds, sat down at the computer to make my notes, and realized that I had LEFT OUT the castor oil. As I said, it was a small batch, originally supposed to be 16 0z of oil. Castor was supposed to be 5%, .8 oz, or 22.68 gms. I ran the numbers through soap calc again keeping everything the same, except no castor, and it showed that without the castor, it had a little more than 2 gm of lye too much. Unmolded and did a zap test this morning--a little zap, but my first time ever to have a zappy soap. I'm hoping given the small lye excess and the minimal zap time will take care of it. But rats.