my first essential oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliChan

Reaction score
We have been eating oranges like none other since its gotten warm out. I was originally saving the rinds for my garden but I'm running low on orange EO so I figured I would give this a shot! I I got some on my finger and it already reaks of oranges. I'm not doing another orange soap for another couple weeks so I'll use it then and hopefully it turns out
I used olive oil for the carrier

20130321_160854.jpg

That would be an infused oil, not an essential oil :) Orange EO is cold pressed...there are no carriers, like Olive Oil, in (pure) essential oils.

Very nice Cali :) I wonder... I don't have any containers to put it in... must get idea out of head ;-)

I think an orange infused oil is a great idea. I wonder if it will affect the color of your soap. Don't forget to let us see the results!

I've infused orange peelings & lemon peelings, sadly I couldn't smell any orange in the soap after a couple weeks or two. Also, the orange/lemon infusion part of my soap turned orangish/brown :(
I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.

I've had that problem with my sweet orange oil. I've herd that adding corn starch helps hold citrus scents
So I'm also going to try that on my orange soap as well. When did you add your infused oil? I wonder if I added it just before trace if it would help it keep its color

Latest posts

Back