my first decent looking soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northland Naturals

Reaction score
lavender and vanilla EOs with cocoa butter, cocoa powder, and almond oil
lavendercocoasoap.jpg

those look wonderful!! thats so cool with the divider line in the middle too seperating the color sections! are those lavender buds that I see in the bottom!?!

very nice job and congrats on your first decent looking soap!!

pretty, nice granite too, my hubby sells granite, whats the name of color?

honor435 said:
pretty, nice granite too, my hubby sells granite, whats the name of color?

it's santa clara (san francisco white) i think. we got an amazing deal on it, 3cm thickness for $27/sq ft installed.

thanks for the compliments! i'll have some new pics up soon.

that's absolutely lovely!
i've had no luck with that "pencil line" but you really pulled it off! nicely done.

if i could just figure out my cutting strategy... you can see the lines where the lavender buds pulled down to the bottom of the soap. i used a sharp kitchen knife.

I put lavender buds on top of one of my soaps and the same happened when I cut it. They made marks all the way down the soap so I'm not going to do that again. Same with rose petals. I think what I'll do next time is mark out the cutting lines first and put lavender buds in between.

Bubbles Galore said:
I put lavender buds on top of one of my soaps and the same happened when I cut it. They made marks all the way down the soap so I'm not going to do that again. Same with rose petals. I think what I'll do next time is mark out the cutting lines first and put lavender buds in between.

The solution is to turn the log on it's side before you cut so that the organics are facing towards you, not uppermost. The cutting wire or knife should pass through them last and then there is less ( if any ) dragging.

MagiaDellaLuna said:
Bubbles Galore said:

The solution is to turn the log on it's side before you cut so that the organics are facing towards you, not uppermost. The cutting wire or knife should pass through them last and then there is less ( if any ) dragging.

good idea, thanks!

Latest posts

Back