My first cupcake soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do it the same way as srblatt17. Though I make 12 at a time. I pour the batter then wait for the rest to thicken up a bit and then pipe it one. The only time I don't do that is if I'm pressed for time and then do it in two stages over two days. Those all look really nice. Great job!

What is the batter looking like when its ready for piping? Is it like heavy trace? And do you pour the lower batter at thin trace?

i have never piped anything before
i cant imagine i would be any good at it
i cant draw at all and im klutzy

but if i do ever decide to try cupcakes, i will practice piping with icing first because icing wont burn me, and i can scrap it off and stick it back in the bag and keep practicing. and even wrap it and reuse the same icing the next day.

is piping icing much different than soap?

What is the batter looking like when its ready for piping? Is it like heavy trace? And do you pour the lower batter at thin trace?

Thicker than heavy trace, think frosting, or whipped cream. The bottom is poured at a medium to heavy trace if you want to pipe the same day. If you are waiting until they are "unmold able" than you can pour at any trace you wish.

I pipe when you can spoon it in the bag and not running out...it's almost hard to squeeze but not too hard. It looks thick like butter cream maybe.

Ditto on practicing with icing first. and wear gloves. It's super sloppy.

Latest posts

Back