My first CP that worked

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsFusion

Reaction score
I used olive oil, coconut oil and lard. No FO or EO. I think they are going to turn out decent.

peachlard2.jpg

peachlard1.jpg

I'm not sure why they look white on top and cream color everywhere else?

And these are small bars. 3.5wx2h. I used a mold that hubby made me. I got 16 bars out of it. The bars about 1 inch thick.

I should add, these aren't cured it. I just cut them this morning...but, my mom wanted pics anyway...lol. I hope that they turn a cream color when cured.

Nice job!

Might be a bit of ash on top You can embrace it, take a thin slice off the top, or clean it up with water/ and or pantyhose & rubbing alcohol.

Welcome to the addiction!! :D

They look great. The white is ash. When I get that I just wash it off...

Oh, Yea, and after all your frustration with your first couple of batches! Great! Looks really nice.

Did you find a new recipe or try the one you had with the correct lye amounts?

Thanks everyone!

It's a cheap liquid peach color. I used a different recipe and also checked it in the soapcalc. I will probably just leave the tops with the white...since it's my first batch.

Can't wait for my Pop Sampler to get here!!!

I tried another batch this evening and used FO...but, I think it messed it up. It was clumpy when I added it to the mold :(

The FO was from local hobby store...prob not very good quality....sigh...

nope not good idea --- but not to worry I made the same mistake.. I would say practice with goats milk plain until you decide what fragrance you want to use..

MrsFusion said:
Thanks everyone!

It's a cheap liquid peach color. I used a different recipe and also checked it in the soapcalc. I will probably just leave the tops with the white...since it's my first batch.

Can't wait for my Pop Sampler to get here!!!

I tried another batch this evening and used FO...but, I think it messed it up. It was clumpy when I added it to the mold :(

If FO was from a hobby store, it may have alcohol in it. That can mess you up, too.

But...the unscented bars are beautiful! Congrats! Wish my first swirls were that good!

BakingNana said:
MrsFusion said:

If FO was from a hobby store, it may have alcohol in it. That can mess you up, too.

But...the unscented bars are beautiful! Congrats! Wish my first swirls were that good!

Was that "local hobby store" Hobby Lobby, by any chance?

Well, I just unmolded it and it appears to be okay so far.

Yes, it was Hobby Lobby....UGH!

Muzhik, do you know of any better places around DSM for soapmaking supplies?

I've been looking at Daystar this morning. I would like to get some quality scents...

Sorry, I'm nowhere near DSM; I'm near the People's Republic. I've only tried three scents from Hobby Lobby, 2 FOs and a bottle of tea tree oil. So far no problems. I'm limited to HL now because a) it is literally about 200 meters from where I live, and b) I'm on a VERY limited budget.

What FO did you use?

MrsFusion said:
I used olive oil, coconut oil and lard. No FO or EO. I think they are going to turn out decent.

peachlard2.jpg

peachlard1.jpg

I'm not sure why they look white on top and cream color everywhere else?

And these are small bars. 3.5wx2h. I used a mold that hubby made me. I got 16 bars out of it. The bars about 1 inch thick.

I should add, these aren't cured it. I just cut them this morning...but, my mom wanted pics anyway...lol. I hope that they turn a cream color when cured.

Great job!!

Latest posts

Back