My first batch!!!!!! Virgin soaper no more!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nadine1073

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My wonderful DH took the kids out for a couple of hours this morning to let me make my first batch! So excited :O) Went quite well.. 100% coconut soap. I alternated between my handy dandy SB and my wisk because I wasn't sure how fast it would trace. It took about 20 minutes or so. No scents, just plain Jane for this first batch. Poored and put my babies to bed :O) Took pics (nothing to see yet I guess, so pardon my enthousiasm ;o) But so excited..

I used a kitchen utensil organizer for my sample soap mold and had enough to use my silicone muffin mold for only 2 cavities. Next batch will be "ginormous" :eek:)

Can't wait to buy my pail of oil and lots of other goodies to try!

Hello my name is Nadine ... and I am officially a new soaper :D

not able to post pics because imageshack isn't loading... :O( So they will come sooner or later.

Hi Nadine,

Congratulations on your first batch! I know exactly how you feel. :D

My first batch was unscented and uncolored and I was so proud. :lol:

Hi Nadine,

Now your in trouble. before you know it there will be bars of soap curing throughout the house and you won't know what to do. Congrats on your first batch and welcome to soaping...it's addicting.

John

Thanks Hazel and John! I already unmolded my round soaps, and I'm ready to cut my sample log mold. Only 7 hours later but they are hard as rocks. I put the log mold in the freezer because it won't come out. I didn't line it with paper, just greased them.. oh well.

Next batch I'm using my wood mold lined with corrugated plastic. Yaye!

Pics!!!

picture025cf.jpg

By nadinel1073 at 2011-08-20

picture026s.jpg

picture028ye.jpg

picture029vf.jpg

picture030ki.jpg

picture031j.jpg

Your first soaps look great - very smooth and creamy! Welcome to the addiction! By the way, I am Nadine, too :)

Good job! I could feel your enthusiasm through the screen:) My first batch was more blob like than bar like but I was as proud as a peacock

Beautiful soap :0) looking forward to watching your journey :0) Lyn
and yay to hubby for taking the kids out I am sure the family in time will be rewarded with some beautiful soaps to take to the bath and shower

Welcome aboard, Nadine!
Great job, your babies are so smooth and creamy :) I know exactly how you feel.
All the best for the rest of your journey :)

Thanks all! Had so much fun :O) I've been addicted even before my first batch I think ;o) With all the researching and planning and deciding which EOs I want to try.. obsessive much?! LOL

Yes my next batch is in the planning already ..heehee.. Coconut / Avocado blend. 80/20 Question?? What SF should I do this one? I was thinking 13 or 15 % or should I do 20% anyway??

Well it's been curing for a month now.. and I couldn't resist trying it. It's absolutely fantastic soap.. if I do say so myself.. 8) Beautiful bubbles and lather. Great slip for shaving. Feels nice and not drying at all. I wish I had some EOs at the time because it's unscented. My hubby likes it too. I washed my hair with it and it didn't take as many rubs of soap than I usually do using olive oil soap. I just ordered my 20L of coconut oil and a bunch of EOs and I'll be soaping like a mad woman until the 1st of Nov. Want to make enough for xmas gifts. And the addiction begins!! :lol:

Congrats....beautiful soaps. I tell ya, the fun will never end! My first batch was also uncolored and unscented but not nearly as snowy white as yours.

Congratulations - you got a beautiful white batch with a lovely texture. I'm glad you're enjoying your first batch.

Back