My first batch of Lavender Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triprolo

Reaction score
I'm so new to soap making I haven't even saponified myself yet. Lol Anyway, I've been wanting to make soap for a long time and finally got off my butt and made some this weekend. This is my first ever batch of soap. I used Lavender EO.

Lavender soap.jpg

Nice first batch! Looks nice and creamy. Just be careful leaving your soap on metal. Some metals don't tolerate the high pH of soap and contact with metal seems to increase the risk of DOS.

Ok. I lined the pan with a paper sack like it said in The Soapmaker's Companion book. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
on paper towel, wax or freezer paper, or even open up a paper bag. Also nothing non-stainless steel, And congrats on the first batch! Looks good :)

I'm sure I don't realize the full effect of what I have started but I'm willing to find out. Lol Thanks for the encouragement.

I agree with all of the above posters..."welcome to the club"...lol. Your first batch came out well....and that is something to be proud of!!! you have a few more planned. It is addicting!

Ya'll know how to make a guy feel good. Thanks for all the encouragement. Looking forward to learning from you wonderful folks here on the forum.

My wife says the lavender smells great. My next attemp is a tea tree oil batch.

Aluminum

Be careful with putting soap on aluminum, even after it's cured. It'll make your pan icky, and the bottom of your soaps gray/brown.

Stainless steel, plastic, wood, and glass are fine though!

Congrats, it looks great! I'm on my second batch and am really hooked...all I talk about.

Thanks Roseb. My wife is pretty tired of hearing me talk about it too. Lol

Be careful with putting soap on aluminum, even after it's cured. It'll make your pan icky, and the bottom of your soaps gray/brown.

Stainless steel, plastic, wood, and glass are fine though!

Thanks for the tip. Good to know.

Latest posts

Back