My first attempt at colors.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigihall

Reaction score
Hello,
Made my first attempt at mixing colors and trying to swirl. I insulated it. Not sure if it gelled,but looks like it did. I hope the colors stick. I'm very excited to cut them later today:) I hope it's a pretty surprise inside:)

I'm very new to making soap. Any advice is appreciated:) ImageUploadedBySoap Making1379076328.565892.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

love your swirls! looks like it could be a Christmas soap with the red, green and white. can't wait to see inside too!

i'm a newbie too, and my attempt at swirls were not nearly as nice as yours!

Nice job. Looks like it jelled to me unless that is a milk soap. Would you share the colors used. Thanks

Looks very pretty! And yes, what colors did you use? Please share cut photos so we can see the nice surprise. :D

Hi,
Well it's cut and the surprise is I didn't swirl it as thoroughly as I thought,but love that I can accomplish this with more practice:) I'm a happy girl! And yes, it's scented with Christmas Wreath fragrance,and I used orange and green oxide:). ImageUploadedBySoap Making1379109668.272496.jpg

I haven't tried a swirl soap yet. What do you need to do differently for the swirl to extend further down into the soap?

Thank you!!! I'm not sure yet. This was my first so I need to read up a bit before I try again:)

Very pretty! I'm really liking thrown together natural swirls that aren't as detailed and 'perfect'. Plus they are so much easier to do.
Lovely soap. :)

Oh, I'm jealous, that looks so much nicer than my first swirled soap!

To get the swirls down further you can 1) pour the colors in from higher up, or 2) pour them in layers. Like, a layer of white, some swirls of colors, another layer of white, more swirls of color etc.

But your soap looks perfect as is!

Thank you everyone!! And thank you for the advice on swirls:) I'm going to try again this week:)

Latest posts

Back