My Favorite XMas Present

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nframe, I think he looked around on the internet and just made it work; I never did see plans printed or saved on the computer. But I will certainly ask to see if he does have something or if he can at least point you in the right direction. I'm currently traveling but will ask when I get home next weekend or sooner if I remember when I call home one evening.

Thank you very much. I look forward to hearing from you.

I checked with my hubbie and he confirmed he didn't work from any written plans. He just studied the first half of the video at [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGzMrLSRQVQ[/ame]. But I put a tape measure against some of the key points on my soap cutter and posted the pics at http://flic.kr/s/aHsjRo79DD so you'd have a little more to go by. He got the guitar keys on ebay and the guitar strings at a local music shop. Hope this helps!

I checked with my hubbie and he confirmed he didn't work from any written plans. He just studied the first half of the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGzMrLSRQVQ. But I put a tape measure against some of the key points on my soap cutter and posted the pics at http://flic.kr/s/aHsjRo79DD so you'd have a little more to go by. He got the guitar keys on ebay and the guitar strings at a local music shop. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for this. My husband, who is an engineer, appears to be unable to work except from drawings and the information you've kindly provided gives him everything he needs to make one. That's the bit he likes best. I hope I can persuade him to use his drawing to make me a cutter!

Good luck nframe! My DH originally said it was too complicated to try but after it was done, he said it was easy! Now he wants to make another one, and I'm like, hmmm, how should it differ from the one I already have? I want him to wait so I can make more soap / use it more so that I know what he should tweak! So far it has fit my needs wonderfully.

Anyway, let me know if he ends up going for it or if you need more info.

Good luck nframe! My DH originally said it was too complicated to try but after it was done, he said it was easy! Now he wants to make another one, and I'm like, hmmm, how should it differ from the one I already have? I want him to wait so I can make more soap / use it more so that I know what he should tweak! So far it has fit my needs wonderfully.

Anyway, let me know if he ends up going for it or if you need more info.

Thank you. I will.

Seriously, that is one pretty cutter!! Wow, you lucky thing!
icon_thumbup.gif

*insert drool*

Your husband is super hot. ;)
Yes dixie, it's amazing what a little soap will do for a marriage :thumbup:
Tell your DH that Christmas is very near.
Great graphic Steve! That little guy does convey the urgency. But wait... was that a hint??

Well, since dh knows it's "all about me", he does know exactly what I want... kind of. :) The cutter is just as pretty as it was 2 years ago, but I've broken most of the strings. I need to get something stronger than what he originally strung ("0.30 mm Plain Steel Guitar Strings"). I've been meaning to seek help from the forum (especially the musically inclined members) but got caught up in the hum-drum of life. I'll think I'll make a new post so its not buried here. But please, if anyone knows the right strings, please advise!

Last edited:
For strings IF you know what string DH used just get the next one down (lower tone) because it will be thicker. If that one doesn't look right you might want to go down two levels. The higher the pitch on a string the smaller the diameter of the string.

oh my,
I need to show this to my bf, whilst hinting at how amazing it would be to have a soap cutter like that for my xmasbirhtdayanniversary present.

powder, there's a link to flickr photos in post 23 that show the dimensions to make a blueprint, if your sweetie is good that way. And I ended up going with 0.46 mm strings, btw.

Latest posts

Back