My dirty lil BUG friend ESCAPED!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Late last night this huge black water bug appeared in the middle of my computer room. He walked slowly toward me and was about a foot away. I grabbed a nearby ceramic saucer and hit him on the back three times and when he could no longer walk I turned the saucer over and entombed him, waiting until a male friend could dispose of his body in the trash.

Well said person came over, flipped the saucer up and my nasty lil friend had escaped! HOW????? :shock:

Ugh! If it makes you feel better I found a HUGE black widow spider on my front porch... about 3 inches from where I was digging out dead leaves, etc. from under my lantana with no gloves on a few days ago. This is seriously the biggest friggin' black widow I've ever seen (aside from tarantulas in the zoo)!!!

OMG :!: :!: I would be screaming like a girl (even if I wasn't one) :D , Water bug or spider :shock: Nope don't like bugs .

I decided to hang w/my new bff tonight and decided to take pic of her...

DSC00903.jpg

This actually isn't the HUGE one... she wasn't there tonight.

BTW- my mom just reminded me about scorpions, when she heard about me reaching under all my plants with no gloves on... EEK!

I tried to the other day and she survived... the hubby said he would do the honors.
Another fun time: tonight I was doing some work in the backyard and (long story short) our koi pond all of a sudden stopped "working." I personally would never be able to forgive myself if the fish died because of me. Anyway as I was trying to reach into the filter area to pull on this shut-off valve thing... I kept not being able to reach it, then I noticed about 2 inches from where I had been reaching my arm, the twin sister of the HUGE black widow!! I eased her into the afterlife with a broken piece of tile.

I was trying not to use the bug man this summer... you know, to be environmentally friendly, but yeah... I think he's gonna get a call.

phillysoaps said:
Late last night this huge black water bug appeared in the middle of my computer room. He walked slowly toward me and was about a foot away. I grabbed a nearby ceramic saucer and hit him on the back three times and when he could no longer walk I turned the saucer over and entombed him, waiting until a male friend could dispose of his body in the trash.

Well said person came over, flipped the saucer up and my nasty lil friend had escaped! HOW????? :shock:
the mummy broke from his tomb! :)

Serioiusly though..those little dudes are strong and he probably was able to lift the saucer just enough to get out...they have a lot of keratin in their bodies .....(the stuff that makes them have a hard exoskeleton..) that might be why you didnt kill it all the way

and you think black widows are bad!?!?! ever been to costa rica or anywhere in south america?

I fell asleep on the beach one night after a day of surfing and a bonfire (and I was consequently waaaaaaaaaasted).... woke up at about 4am with a spider that was literally a foot across on my chest....yeaaaaah.... i actually remained calm and ushered it off with palm frond... that thing could have carried me off into the jungle lol....

I have spend WAAAAY too much time in South America, especially going up and down the friggin' Amazon... I've seen lobsters with wings!

lol mmmmmm so you mean i could get lobster and chicken-wing-like food in ONE animal.... coudl it be!?!?! lol

there is no such thing as too much time in SurAmerica! :)...

I would surf all day every day.... screw working lol

You may say that now, but when you spend months going up and down the friggin' Amazon, (which was like living in an armpit) with nothing else going on... UGH! I WILL say that I DID like paying the little kids around town $1 to hold their pet sloths/monkeys and getting tons of really cute shoes for $10 a piece. I guess I should specify, it was mostly Brazil that I was over, Uruguay and Argentina were gorgeous, Costa Rica... ok, Colombia...ok, my biggest memory was holding a sloth (my ideal lazy pet... they just hang on you, you could do housework with them hanging on = AWESOME!).

The first time down the Amazon was AMAZING. I was working on a small really upscale cruise line and our ship was small enough to go down the Amazon. There were some parts where it was so narrow that you could literally touch the leaves on the trees as you went by, that was cool. I got to see pink dolphins (which look like mutant lumpy skin colored sea creatures- ugh) and eat pirhana and hold a baby crocodile during a midnight crocodile hunt... but month after month of it- UGH!

Latest posts

Back