My candle

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evelovesowls

Reaction score
I just wanted to show my candle with you guys. I had not many problems but i want to know how to scent the candles can someone please tell me .

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on working with wax but I have learned a few things. What wax are you using? Some waxes have additives to help hold a scent and some don't have them. A friend who makes candles (she's the one who got me started on making wax melts) adds vybar to her wax. There should be info on the supplier's site which tells you if the wax has additives and the fragrance load it will hold. Another thing is using enough FO for a good throw.

Also, what fragrance oils are you using? Some FOs don't work well in wax.

I have batik wax will that work with the fragrance oils !

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Batik wax may not be suitable for candles depending on the manufacturer. It can be all paraffin, beeswax, a blend and it can even be a synthetic beeswax substitute. You need to know exactly what type of wax it is to know if it can be used for candles.

I've read some people have scented wax items with essential oils but I don't know how it's done. Of course, these were posts by experienced candlemakers.

I have tried a paraffin wax candle. They have essential oils that you can fragrance them with. I also have seen little color and fragrances blocks that you can shred or powder and add to the melted wax. I would recommend to add a little at a time and keep doing it until the desired color and strength of fragrance is reached! Thanks!

I haven't been making candle long, but most candle manufactures, will tell you what percent of oil to add to your wax. I like to use brambelberry and natures garden, they have alot of info on there sites, and candle recipes. hope this helps some

Latest posts

Back