My 59% OO is still soft after a week

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

innerdiva73

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Dolls,
I made a new recipe that had 59% olive that I had to rebatch due to fragrance issues and, I had added some more water and a little milk. The batch is still soft after a week. Should I just take the long walk and let cure 6 more months or just chuck it?

I am kind of thinking to let it sit for a longer time. I had made some swirls that came out OK and I really want to keep it. I would post some pics but camera is out of order.

I would let it cure too. It doesn't hurt other than drying space to keep it and once it cures you'll be glad you did.

I agree. It just needs more time to cure to get hard. Sometimes my rebatches take a week or two before I can unmold them and another month to get hard. It takes longer especially if you did full water with the original batch and then rebatched it soon after then added more milk and water.

I agree with everyone else - just let it cure. A high percentage of olive oil needs several weeks of cure time to become hard so find a nice open spot for it to rest and enjoy it later.

Back