shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I came across this just now
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L61R780/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

What do you thick of it? Compared to bud haffner

I would pick Buds Cutter any day. The one you linked to won't cut larger loafs. Buds is arched and allows me to cut longer and higher loafs. I have his metal one. My first cutter was like the one in your post, my husband made it for me. It worked great but I had to cut my loaf off to fit in the cutter.

Last edited by a moderator:

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Shunt. I wouldn't like having to fit a loaf into the smaller space with closed ends. Since Bud's are open, you use any length of loaf. Also, this one is about $100 more than a similar one in Bud's shop.

penelopejane

Reaction score
Bud's cutters are beautiful pieces of woodwork, they work and they last.
Once you settle on a thickness that you like you will stick to it anyway so having adjustable thickness is not necessary.

Last edited:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had to buy a multi cutter I would buy a Tank type cutter made from metal. The one my hubby made me is made from metal and there have been times I probably would have broken it if it was made of wood. Bud does have a couple of metal cutters, and that is what I would go for. Keep in mind I sell so cut a lot of soap and salt bars with mine. Bud's wood one's do look very sturdy but, as my hubby tells me, I do not always have a lot of finesse. :)

Latest posts