Monsters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CpnDouchette

Reaction score
My little monster in training is obsessed with all things Monsters Inc so I made Mike and Sully soaps. Lots of firsts for me - first significant piping work, first try at making and using soap dough, first attempt at heat transfer method. I expect these were ten a penny back when Monsters Inc was still current and have probably been done elsewhere but I'm pretty proud of these as a first attempt

20210901_102341.jpg

Adorable, well done! And that eye! (Mike, is that you??😁)

I shouldn`t be saying this, but Monsters Inc 1&2 are my FAVOURITES! (Yes, I know, I know, a grown woman giggling over animated characters?)

Pfftt. Nah, thinking about it, I`m not going to feel ashamed about that. There is no hope for me anyway. After all, I have tiny people* crawling all over my soap on a daily basis...

*They`re made out of plastic, but still...

Thank you - I genuinely feel a little giddy with all the compliments!

I'm curious to ask, how did you create the eye shape for Mike's eye

Yes, all soap dough. A small sausage for the pupil, a thin rectangle wrapped around the sausage for his iris and then a much thicker white layer, all glued with a bit of water. Then I smooshed to make an egg shape.

I shouldn`t be saying this, but Monsters Inc 1&2 are my FAVOURITES!

100% agree. Frozen can kiss my hairy, furry monster loving bum!

My little monster in training is obsessed with all things Monsters Inc so I made Mike and Sully soaps. Lots of firsts for me - first significant piping work, first try at making and using soap dough, first attempt at heat transfer method. I expect these were ten a penny back when Monsters Inc was still current and have probably been done elsewhere but I'm pretty proud of these as a first attempt

View attachment 60522
Wow! I bet your monster is happy and thrilled to see this!

Latest posts

Back