Mold Size

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breckash

Reaction score
I am new, so I apologize in advance for asking this question. How do you figure your recipe for the size mold that you have? Or how to you know what size mold you will fill for any given recipe?
Kindness

at the beg. of this page, where you read messages, theres a" sticky", that tells how to calc this. good luck.

breckash;

Just an added note here... Mold to recipe size is something that confused the heck out of me for a while. The thread link posted is where I started my understanding.. But.. It's important (for me anyhoo) to remember the base calculation is based off of how much Oils your recipe creates...

What took me long to sink in, is that the lye water changes (each recipe changes the lye water amount) ... so soapers use the oil amount as the base calculation to figure what fits in the mold. Even with the formula, I always have a stand by mold cuz I always seem to end up with more recipe than my mold, lol.

Back